USA 1-1 ARGENTINA. Your analysis?
We had a positive game. Something has started but will it be enough?
How will Batista prepare and react tactically against smart coaches?
If Argentina can learn how to defend high on the field, we will be able to finally win the Copa easily. I’m absolutely sure that our counter attack management will define our success.
Here is my feedback about the friendly:
Some very important basics have finally been demanded to the players like high positioning of the fullbacks (!) or trying to press high as a unit. Mascherano brings his Barca experience on counter attacks too. The squad has been more collective in the first 60 minutes than in the previous games including in defence (9 players defending most of the time, what a relief!).
On the otherside, here are the negative points I quickly noted, from high to low importance:
- We concede the same gols than with Maradona (FK).
If experienced central defenders don’t learn from their mistakes, why don’t we give a chance to young players then? Batista’s responsibility?
- The GK position. I’m disappointed for Andujar because he’s an excellent GK but he doesn’t handle the pressure yet. It’s maybe time to test Costanzo.
- Di Maria is a great individuality (future “DM7” star) but it affects the collective
- Pastore on the bench is an insult to futbol and argie fans
- Messi wants to shine and score too much with the NT, he should just be himself
- After 60 minutes, we “stopped playing” which is natural but it doesn’t justify the individual rushes from Di Maria and Lavezzi. No substititions from Batista (?!)
- The USA let us play far too much which was suicidal. I hope we’ll face a great pressing next time.
A couple of bloggers who watched the game at the stadium must have enjoyed that magical Messi rush at the 61st minute… until the referee whistled before connecting his brain…
SOYDEVELEZ and AJNYHC, did you enjoy the movement without the ball? Who was the man of the match? What is it like to watch Messi???
It’s more than obvious that we are copying Barca. In my opinion, Rojo is limited and not creative at all. It is clear that Batista doesn’t count on Ansaldi, so I am dreaming about Di Maria being used as the left fullback (Alves-style), and Pastore being Messi’s partner upfront.
What is your analysis about the evolution of our seleccion?
PS: Don’t hesitate to copy/paste your feedback here if you already posted it in the previous thread.
Comments are closed
MORE SOUTH AMERICA BLOGS
474 articles | 49,372 comments
761 articles | 10,942 comments
956 articles | 3,382 comments
165 articles | 306 comments
38 articles | 64 comments
162 articles | 620 comments
28 articles | 528 comments
20 articles | 14 comments
9 articles | 11 comments
5 articles | 123 comments